|Very yummy Savory Corn & Chicken floss Chiffon Cake|
|Let have our tea break now!|
Corn & Chicken floss chiffon cake
Recipe by Taglicious
(Make One 17CM chiffon cake)
For yolk batter
- 4 eggs yolk
- 45 ml vegetable oil (I used Medella Coconut oil)
- 35 ml milk
- 1/2 tablespoon Knorr Hao Chi All in One Seasoning (Help to enchance savory taste to the cake)
- 70g cake flour, sifted
- 30g sweet corn kennels
- 15g chicken floss
For White meringue
- 4 eggs white
- 40g caster sugar
- 30g chicken floss
- 1 tablespoon condense milk + 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (mix well to make the jam. It is to apply on top of the cake).
- 1 tablespoon of roasted white sesame seeds
- Some chopped spring onions
Steps for making the yolk batter :
- Separate the egg whites and egg yolks and put them into 2 mixing bowls (Please be careful, please ensure the mixing bowl for the egg white is clean and dry else it will affect/ruin the process of preparing good meringue.)
- (Let prepare the batter first.)Add in the vegetable oil to the egg yolks and use a balloon whisk to beat it till it is well combined.
- Add in the milk and beat it till it is well combined.
- Add in the Knorr HAO CHI all in one seasoning powder and mix it well.
- Lastly, Add in the sieved Cake flour into the batter and beat it till it form into a smooth batter. SET ASIDE AND prepare the white meringue.
- (Let prepare the Meringue.) Use a electric whisk and start beating the egg white till it is foamy.
- Add in the white sugar gradually while beating the egg white.
- It took me about 3 mins till the egg white form into a stiff peak form.
- (Combined the batter & Meringue) Add in 1/3 of the Meringue into the batter and fold in using a balloon whisk slowly till it is well combined.
- Add in another 1/2 of the remaining Meringue into the batter again and fold in using a balloon whisk and fold in slowly (As we do not want to deflate the batter) till it is well combined.
- Lastly, pour the batter into the Meringue mixing bowl and fold in using a balloon whisk till it is well combined slowly as you do not want to deflate the batter. (Well combined = U do not see any Meringue in the batter)
- Add in the corn and chicken floss to the batter and fold in slowly using a balloon whisk.
- Pour the batter into a chiffon tin (No need to grease it).
- Bake it in a preheated oven for 25 mins (17 CM chiffon tin) at 170 degrees. You can use a long stick to do a test whether it is fully cooked.
- Once it is out from the oven, please inverted the chiffon tin and let it cool down completely before removing it from the chiffon tin.
- Decorate the cake. Apply a thin layer of the mayo & condense milk jam on the cake. Put chicken floss on it and top with spring onions & roasted white sesame seeds & it is ready to serve now!