Monday 19 May 2014

Chocolate chips Bananas Muffins with little SURPRISE ~ Cream cheese

There were 3 BANANAS super ripen waving hands at me this morning. I decided to make them into Muffins and served it as breakfast for my loved one. All you need is 15 mins of preparation, 20 mins to bake & 5 mins to wash up your bake wares. Isn't it sound easy? Due to I had modified my previous recipe to make into a healthier one and didn't know it actually will turn out well. I didn't take any pictorial but I will try add in once I make this again.

Our Healthy Breakfast!
Look @ the SURPRISE! Reduce oil & sugar still give a very moist and soft muffins


Chocolate chips Bananas Muffins with Cream Cheese
(Make 6 regular size Muffins)

Things needed:

Dry ingredients
  • 190g of plain flour 
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 handful of chocolate chips (add more as per your preference)
Wet ingredients
  • 3 Large bananas ( Try to use super ripen one for natural sweetness) -> Abt 270g
  • 50g of brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract (I used my home-made)
  • 40g of olive oil
  • 30g of milk/soy milk
Additional suprises
  • 3 pcs of laughing cows cream cheese (Cut into 1/2 to place it in the middle of each muffin)
  • Some rolled oats (Optional)

Steps
  1. Place the dry items into a bowl and mix well.
  2. Mashed the bananas in another big bowl, add in the sugar mix well. Then add in oil, egg, vanilla extract & milk and mix well till everything is well combined.
  3. Combined the wet & dry items together and stir in till it is combined. Do not over-mix it. The batter should be lumpy. 
  4. Filled up 1/3 of the muffin cups with batter and place in 1/2 pcs of cream cheese. Continue to fill up the muffins cup with the batter.
  5. Finally top some rolled oats on top of each muffin. (This is optional)
  6. Bake in a preheated oven 170C for 18-20 mins or until it is fully cooked. 
TAGlicious's Note:
*** I filled up the muffin cups almost full to achieve a nice dome top.
*** Individual muffin cups size and oven varies, cooking time may varies. 

TAGlicious Ciao~

Do like and join me at my Facebook page Taglicious







No comments:

Post a Comment