|Nice triangle Nonya dumpling! Success!|
|My kids gave me a super thumb up, it's really Yummylicious|
(Make 24-28pcs medium size)
- 800g of glutinous rice, washed and soaked overnight
- 60pcs of dumpling leaves, soaked overnight and clean for wrapping
- Some dried grass straw, soaked overnight
- 650g lean pork, cut into small cubes
- 50g of dried shrimp, soaked and chopped into small pcs
- 12 dried chinese mushrooms, soaked and cut into small cubes
- 200g of Candid winter melon, Chopped into small cubes
- 5 tablespoon of coriander powder, add in water to make into paste
- 6 garlic and 12 small shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup of cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon of sugar
- 2.5 teaspoon of salt
- Some pepper to taste
To fry the Glutinous Rice
Preparing the glutinous rice
- Stir fry shallots with oil in the pan till it is golden brown. Remove the shallot and keep the oil in the pan.
- Add in coriander powder, salt and pepper to the oil and give a good stir for 30sec.
- Off the fire and add in the glutinous rice and give a good stir and set aside for wrapping later.
Preparing the filling
- Add in oil and heat it in a pan. Saute the garlic and shallot till it is golden brown.
- Add in the dried shrimp and fry till fragrant.
- Add in the coriander paste and continue to stir fry.
- Add in the mushroom, pork and winter melon and continue to stir fry
- Add in the dark soy sauce, salt, sugar and pepper.
- Cook till dry and set aside for wrapping later
To wrap the dumpling
- Take 2 leave and form a cone.
- Line the cone with a little glutinous rice, follow by the filling and top the glutinous rice to cover.
- Wrap the dumpling and tie it tightly with the grass straw.
To cook the dumpling
- Cook a large pot of water
- Immerse the dumplings in the boiling water
- Boil it for 2 hrs.
- Bring out the dumpling from the pot and hang cool the dumpling for at least 1 hrs before serving.