|After so many hrs of hardwork...|
Jelly Collagen stock
Recipe reference from WokkingMum & did abit of modification
(Make abt 2.2Litres of Soup base)
- 2 big pig bones (Do ask butcher to chop into big chunk)
- 2 chicken carcass
- 20 chicken feets
- 3 litres of water
- Boil a big pot of water and scald the bones & chicken feet one round first to "cleanse" it.
- Drain off the water and the bones & chicken feet.
- Place everything in the large pot and pour in the 3litres of water.
- Simmer it under low fire for 5hrs or another 3-4hr more to achieve the milky white stage. ( I stop cooking my soup after 5hrs)
- During the cooking process, remember to keep skimming away the scum & oil that forms on the surface so that you will get a clear stock.
- After 5-9hrs of simmer and waiting, you should be able to get your Collagen stock.
- Drain off the stock from the bones for storing in the fridge.
- I put my soup in lock and lock container, after overnight fridge, you should be able to see your stock form into Jelly Collagen soup.
Updates on 5-May-14 to prepare this broth using thermal POT
( I used a 5 litres ENDO thermal pot):
Found and Tested a "play cheat" way to make this milky collagen broth using thermal pot. You do not need to worry about your gas bill and watch over the fire for 4-8hrs. All you need is to boil the broth for 45mins and let your thermal pot do the job for another 7hrs and give a final boil for 1hrs under medium low fire before cooling down to store the broth. A very good way to get superb broth for your cooking during the weekday.
* If you store your stock properly, it can last in the fridge for 1 week and freezer for 1 month.
* Use a clean spoon to scoop out the portion you want for your cooking to prevent contaminated your precious soup.
* Do not add in any seasoning like pepper & salt in the stock. Any seasoning should be done during the final cooking.
* If you have pressure cooker, please use it. It will shorten the time of cooking.
Do join me at my Facebook page Taglicious