Tuesday 29 April 2014

Healthy Vegetarian Noodles

Every 1st & 15th of lunar month, my hubby & I will make an effort to go green for the day. I will think of ways to make my “meatless” meals look attractive and yummy for him & myself. I got this recipe from KOKA instant noodles packaging. I find it refreshing and easy to whip out this simple yet nutritious meal at home. Let me share with you how to make this healthy recipe idea even for normal days. 




Cold Vegetarian Noodles
Recipe from KOKA
(For 3pax)

Things needed:
  • 2 bean curds, shredded it after pan fried 
  • 1/4 bean spourts
  • 1 carrot shredded
  • 1 japanese cucumber shredded
  • 3 stalk of celery shredded
  • 1 tablespoon of oil ( I omit it)
  • 2 KOKA Fat Free Noodles
Sauce 
  • 3 tablespoon of sesame paste (I omit this as I do not have it in my pantry)
  • 6 tablespoon of soy sauce ( I reduce to 4 tablespoon)
  • 1 tablespoon of vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon of Chilli sauce ( I use 2 tablespoon of Maggi chilli)
  • 1 tablespoon of sesame oil 
  • 2 tablespoon of water
  • 1 tablespoon of crushed peanut ( I add a little sugar to the peanut)
      *** Combined the sauce together and set aside for later use.


























Steps
  1. Pan fried the bean curd on a non stick pan till golden brown. Shredded it it cool down.
  2. Boil the bean sprouts, shredded carrots & celery for 3mins and set aside for later use.
  3. Cook the noodles for 2-3 mins. Drained off the water and add in 1 tablespoon of oil and toss it (I skip this step). 
  4. Combined the veggies, noodles & shredded bean curd together in a mixing bowl.
  5. Add in the sauce to the mixture and mix.toss till it is well-combined.
  6. Place it on the plate and add in 1 tablespoon of crushed peanut on top before serving.  
Isn't simple? Please give it a try.


TAGlicious Note:
* You can use other type of noodles (UDON, Bee hoon) for this recipe.

Disclaimer: I do not earn any advertisement fee from KOKA. :P 

TAGlicious Ciao~

Do join me at my Facebook page Taglicious

No comments:

Post a Comment